I decided to use some hand dyed fabric I have. I also have a bit of a fabric from some local gals, Completely Kids by Blue Meadow Designs. Using that as the accent, I dispersed 5 .5 inch squares over a piece of backing I'd determined would be the finished size. 8 X 8 squares totals 64 squares. Hum, hum.
Ah, I'm needing something more; a bit of some yellow that'll leave a big hole in my design schemes when it is all gone.
My design wall is quite full so I'm working on the hall floor. I do chain piece but not by stacking blocks and carrying them to the sewing machine. I somehow mix things up when I do that so I pick up two squares, sew them, go get another, sew them, cut off the first and put it back where it came from and grab another two. I enjoy the back and forth movement and now that I piece standing up I find it doesn't take all that long. I'm enjoying the process.
I'm quite pleased with the finished top. The jungle print for the back has some fuchsia in it so it'll be bright enough and busy enough for floor use and eye spy.