Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thrifty

A little trip with my friend, a visit to the thrift shop and I now own 3 lovely pictures. I also own and need to collect with the truck on Tuesday the top of a wooden china cabinet. That is purely the result of looking at the DIY blogs. But I am actually quite excited about it. In the early years of our married life I was very adept at 'making do'. I got away from that but I feel the interest, the challenge, the lure of 'what if...' coming back very strong.





So, I have been looking and this hutch seemed to be the right piece.






I'd also just dragged home from my friend's this set. There is another shorter, squarer table that I'm not as enthused about. I see a silk purse in this sow's various ears.






And with all these ideas buzzing in my head I went out to my shed and had another look at this old table I've had sitting around. hmmm




I'm not sure I can afford anymore 'good ideas'! lol My to-do list is getting rather lengthy and the summer seems to be slipping along a bit more quickly. I guess if Summer can be a bit thrifty with her time I bettter learn to be thrifty with my time as well as my money. I'm not exactly known for either. vbsigh

3 comments:

Createology said...

Ouch...you certainly are adding to your todo list BUT...I see lots of positive possibilities and I KNOW YOU WILL GET THEM DONE!!! Keep us posted with photos on the transformations. Blissful weekend to you...

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit, we've been entertaining Swedish company for the past few weeks. So this evening I am playing blog catch-up ! You've been busy as usual I see. I use to love furniture refinishing...not so much now unless it involves spray paint. Anxious to see the "afters"!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually think you did a super job of saving money and getting some excellent bargains. Your three new pictures truly look like they belong together!