Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wow, so what's a worktable?


If my whole house and garden (yard) are a work space, then this morning I have heavy equipment making a temporary road while they replace our access bridge.  I'm losing some time watching and especially when I hear. "WHOA, watch that hydro wire!".  :o



Another workspace is the work happening at my DD's.  The theme for the kids room is this jungle animal fabric panel.  I found the duvet cover at the thrift shop and I'll make curtains for the 2 windows. The walls will be the aqua of the sky,  the bedspread a brighter lime green and then some coordinating items my DD and I have made.


This small wall hanging was a Common Threads fabric challenge a couple of years ago.  It needs a hanging sleeve as does that large baby quilt above.


The wall hanging has some 3 D work on it.  I folded a flap, ruffled some leafy fabric, fused some leaves, embroidered some stitches and added some beads and buttons. It'll hang at the end of the bed.


On my own worktable, after I dothose sleeves and curtains, I'm hoping to get some time to free motion some roosters and sunflowers.

11 comments:

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

that will be such a cute kid's room! nice to have a jungle theme during our snowy winters!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Loving that wallhanging, Elle. I like your colour choices in your rooster/sunflower project. Great stuff!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

One of my favorite color combos is lime green and aqua....I think I like turquoise/aqua with lots of colors actually!

Dolores said...

Love the colours of the kids room. Nice and bright. I don't much like making sleeves but they sometimes do have to get done.

In stitches and seams said...

your wall hanging has me thinking warm thoughts and sun shine,even though we have a good amount of snow the sun is shining and melting here right now. It is nice when our play takes us to warmer places. thanks for sharing

Sheila said...

What a cute theme for the baby's room , love the wall hanging and I love the look of the project you are about to quilt :-)

Createology said...

I find myself watching our work being done on the canal. It intrigues me and I love all the heavy equipment that men like to "work" with.
Your jungle theme is adorable and I love your Palm Tree wall hanging. It should be the star of the make-over. Happy MQing dear...

HollyM said...

I love the kid's room color scheme as well. I'm all for bright colors.
My you keep busy!

What Comes Next? said...

oh you are always so busy Elle! The kids room is going to be wonderful - I love that wall hanging you made. Lets just hope the "Whoas" come in time and they don't bring down the hydro lines!

Leanne said...

Those are very cute projects, I love that tree. And your yard is beautiful!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Sweet! (Did those guys really say that!? o my)

All the best! Thanks for linking, and I hope it brings some extra traffic your way!
~Monika