And a fresh start on a finish.
First up on the worktable, as a warm up for the warm up, is Eliana's party dress.
But I did want to start by showing that I did manage to get my cleaning completed from yesterday. I put new paper down at the mixed media counter, seen on the far right. The journal table is exposed. The cutting table ready. That huge pile threatening to avalanche onto Nina is all part of what is on my worktable and the goal this year is to diminish it. :) Yay for the Finish-a-long!
So I mended the grand kiddie's party dress, which took 5 minutes(!) and actually started her mum's quilt blocks for the final border.
I had to really think about how the pieces are laid out. The pieces remain the same but the colours change to make flowers. Yellow flowers are on the edge and the green trumpets scallop around the outside. Won't that be fun to bind! I think I am out of my mind but it is a wedding quilt! lol
This has been such a wall for me to get over and finish. I'm not sure why as I like it. I can't find the instructions which I don't really need but it would be good to refresh my memory as to what side up and which parts to sew to which parts. I already made a mistake but I think I am beginning to see the colour flow again. It is starting to all come back. whew!
So it may not look like much but I am starting and I shall keep this up until I have it all pieced. God willing and the creek don't rise which is slim given the freezing cold we are experiencing!
I think I may check on the weather throughout Canada by visiting my fellow sewers at The Needle and Thread Network.