Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Please Mr. Postman

I had to have that box of scrap booking materials in the mail and on the way to an anxiously waiting DD. :)
I did add some to my first page example for her.

She will be less than impressed with this photo but it is a fine example of using the expression to pick up a theme.  Not every photo is meant for the mantle! lol  I tucked the tag behind the photo.  She is keen to journal.

I found some more things for this page and then I found the very much needed arrow!  :)

This page is another fun one.  I added a pouch with lots of tags.  DD#1 was her Dad's foreman/straw boss/lead hand and slipped back into helper mode during a visit.  The Tim Holtz tissue paper had some great drafting angles and the word PLAN that I noticed after I'd added it so I tried to position the photo with that in mind.

This is probably our last good family photo before spouses were added and I was tickled to find a wood look paper that kinda matched that old wooden fence that we just finished replacing.  I've left room for writing and adding a date or title.

These pages will go in page protectors.  I made a slit to accommodate an easy pull out tag and also added a suggestion for the touch of pink.

I ran out of time but this is an idea to get some texture into the pages.  I like rub-ons and they added some fun to the photo of a previous kitchen we decorated together!

So the parcel and info is mailed and now to catch up on my own projects.  I can't wait to hear how she likes everything.  Please, Mr. Postman...

4 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Amazing pages, I'm sure she will love them!

Createology said...

Fabulous pages dear. You have given her a lifetime of ideas and examples. What a wonderful gift to give your daughter. Now for your playtime...

Leanne said...

You and your daughter are so lucky to have each other, what a wonderful package to send and to receive.

Seth said...

What a great set of pages Elle. I especially love all the interactive elements.