Tuesday, May 12, 2015

There are piles and there are Piles

I want to talk about Piles today.  Unfortunately I haven't any piles of money laying around although I must report good progress on the bill pile.  :)  Stash has NOT been increasing with new stuff!

Manitoba has Red River gumbo as its claim to fame but we farm on the edge of old Lake Agissez and have quite a variety in our soil.  Having livestock we also have some of that gold that adds so much to the life of the crops and gardens.  :)  But I talked about planting yesterday.

I am a piler, not a filer and I've tried to eliminate flat surfaces that collect my not so beloved piles.  But they still have a way of gathering and eventually causing  avalanches which doesn't leave any actual clear working surface. :[

I seriously doubt that paper can be eliminated.   I just hooked up the new printer and it is already spewing out its stuff.  In an attempt to contain slips of paper, backs of envelopes and chunks of paper pads, we've placed a couple of notebooks in key spots.  Here is hoping.

General junk seems to move out fairly regularly.  Neither the Rooster nor I are collectors.  Thank goodness.

But my stuff!   It is all good stuff.  mostly.  I do need it to build things.  But when I don't put it away and it begins to stack up into those dreaded piles; it paralyzes me.    :[

Now all those good ideas.  Those are great piles!  I shall be thinking about those as I tackle the paralyzing piles because tomorrow the word is progress!  ;^)

4 comments:

Createology said...

P for Planning, Planting and now Piles. I too cover every horizontal surface with lots of stuff. Today it took all my courage just to throw away some paper ephemera that I know I will never use (but of course will seriously NEED in the near future!). We are just too attached to our stuff! Good Luck My Friend...

Beth said...

Thanks for such a funny post. It was a great way to start my day!! Later on I'll attack those piles.

patty a. said...

Oh how I can relate! When I did the garage project I was ruthless and reduced the piles in my garage by at least half, but there are the days I still feel like I have too much. I have been helping to clean up my Dad's house and oh the piles! My sister and brothers and I came up with 53 bags of crap plus a pile of stuff that was too big to go into bags. It filled 3/4 of a 13 yard dump truck. It made me rethink my piles that I need to get after.

patty a. said...

Oh how I can relate! When I did the garage project I was ruthless and reduced the piles in my garage by at least half, but there are the days I still feel like I have too much. I have been helping to clean up my Dad's house and oh the piles! My sister and brothers and I came up with 53 bags of crap plus a pile of stuff that was too big to go into bags. It filled 3/4 of a 13 yard dump truck. It made me rethink my piles that I need to get after.