Monday, August 15, 2016

Happiness is...

Happiness is seeing this Canadian Sunrise rose finally come into its own.  I had planted it as a small planting many years ago but it obviously never thrived so I brought up by the house.  She is now happy!  The buds are orangey  colour and fade to light yellow.

Happiness is having the last bit of barn cleaning in sight.  It is kinda gloomy in the barn and I can't quite bring myself to follow the sunrise photo with the nightshade aspect of the barn.

Happiness is having the grass all cut but again  copious swaths of dried cut grass all over the lawn doesn't make for pretty.

My dear friend Irmgard is also downsizing in her shop.  She offered me an old paper storage cabinet.  I hummed and hawed but I'm SO happy that I  went ahead and got it.  I assured the Rooster I had gotten rid of 2-3 other things so that he would help me carry it up to the art room.

A bit of ugly-
It is inevitable to make things worse before they get better.  I had moved out one of the tall book cases to the new sewing room.  It doesn't look much better but the results will make me happy.

This is better and is the rough sort.  I will be locating all the cafeteria trays I can find.  shh, don't tell the Rooster as he has some he uses for his sausage making.  When we got the trays were wondered what we'd do with them.  Having even more would makes us happier!  But who knew???
I will be putting all my stamps out on one layer of tray and categorized by type.  whoo hoo!  Stamping is gonna be so much more fun.  :)

I got the big sort done before the second lot of visitors arrived.  Next I will fine tune the drawers that are now available since the stamps have vacated!  There is only art supplies in here.  Well, the majority of my books, quilting, design, home dec, and all are here as well.

The sewing room is looking like everything can fit which actually surprised me.  There is only fabric/fibre related  supplies here and my fine beads.  The chunkier bits and polymer clay tools are in the art room.  I really tried to think categories with the necessary supplies  kept together. There is a bit of overlap.  :}  Now for getting those last few things done so I can call that room finished.

I couldn't have planned how the two repainted bookshelves and this old china cabinet fit on this wall if I'd tried.  There is like 1/4 inch wiggle room! The bottom holds my hand sewing supplies.   When I realized I needed a second coat of colour I decided a gallon was cheaper that 2 different quarts so this room is the same as the sewing room.  Not perfect but certainly fine.  I had been thinking pink but when I started putting things in place I realize it is peachy and a warm pink so the peach cotton duvet cover from the thrift shop just may be the perfect curtain.  The basics have been covered and now it is to hang the pictures, tweak my stuff and have a comfy sit down.  It feels very cool to be back in the original master bedroom after all these years as we begin to prepare for selling.

The best will always raise the happiness factor!  Hopefully by the time the kids come for their visit this will have all had the final and best finale! 

And happiness is counting my blessings.  I may have struggled a bit with a blue funk but as I see my sister struggling with depression and dementia I am so happy to have my friends, my family,  my health and my hobbies, and the ability/desire to pursue creativity.

3 comments:

Createology said...

Elle Dear I am so sorry for your sister and her health. Happiness is a very good thing and you have worked very hard to achieve beautiiful harmony in your rooms. KISS is really the bottom line. Summer Smiles...

Beth said...

Your designs seem to be coming together and I am so jealous of that paper storage cabinet. Boy, Could I use THAT!!!!!

Frances Arnold said...

Congratulations on your clean-up....it is looking great!!!