Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Opportunities come...


and opportunities go! Double drat! I wore my 'blend into the background' secretary outfit and tried to look efficient. The judges introduced themselves to one another and leaped into judging talk. 260+ pieces gives 3 minutes for each. Why would they go around seperately, meet to confer and go over everything again? The synenergy of dialogue from each other's areas of expertise would be better for the artist and a cohesive review better than a 'critique'. I saw my job melting away. uhm, could I pass the H2O? They were already waving away coffee and lunch breaks. Last I saw one was on a chair with wheels, cane dragging behind, another had the first object in hand and the third had the clip board and pen! They had just carried themselves away from the meeting and had BEGUN! And my job of recording comments was over before it began. I guess I'll need to look around for another opportunity! vbsigh