Monday, November 2, 2009

Raising the bar!

I have been having a great time checking out the happenings on the sites of the participating Workshop In Progress participants. What great inspiration! I seriously need to re-evaluate where I am and where I want to go. The quote today says. "Tradition is what you resort to when you don't have the time or money to do it right." Kurt Herbert Alder awk!!! I read that to say when you leave things to the last minute you have to go into default mode! I'm gonna be drawing a line in the sand on procrastination. (oops, my little timer says 10 minutes left for blogging!) lol
The good news is that I can begin now, today. The bad news is that my stash does not reflect where I want to be/go. All those blasted florals. The good news is that I do know what I don't want and I am zeroing in on 'my' look.
So here are my options for the spring look. Modern, simple, fresh. These Amy Butler's will get me there. The striped place mat is the theme colours for the upstairs. Basic beige is going. Top right is the upstairs hall wall quilt. That multicoloured circle theme fabric is our bedroom quilt but doesn't work for the quilt along. The middle aqua's are for a rectangular 'square in a square' quilt on the guest bed. The top left combo is the wall quilt for the entrance hall downstairs. The quilt along project will be to cover the cedar chest under it.
I'm suspecting that this spring decor is close to the real me as I find putting it together fun and easy. These will be my quilting focus for this winter and I also need to get some of those old projects finished because I'm sensing that that era needs to have the sound of a door closing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Out with florals, in with modern stripes, I agree! :D