Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not at all what I expected!



Well I forgot to put a timer on and lifted my head after 2 hours of fiddling. A quick lunch and then I got to sewing strips. I might have gone too subtle as 12 fabric turned into 20! After supper I was considering my options but my daughter phoned to say my grandson needed to come stay with his grand dad and the rest of us needed to go the hospital. The new quilterette arrived shortly after midnight. I was home in bed by 2:30 am and the grandson was up at 6:05! And the 'beat goes on'! 8^)


Now I did manage to get the two halves up on the wall and some trim from the edges pinned to see how it might be. I have a metre of rust gradated fabric that I'm thinking of putting in-between the actual strips. No time just now to continue but the class doesn't get to the cutting step for another week. I'll also need to do a couple of deadlines before I come back to this. I also think I need to use my scanner with its black and white copy ability to figure out these values better. Another consideration is that the yellow will move down and the green up as the movement develops.

A good night's sleep will make everything wonderfully do-able! I wonder if I'll dream in pink???

6 comments:

Kris said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby and the quilt looks like it's coming along really well.

Twisted Quilts said...

Wow! A new granddaughter, so neat. I love the quilt you are working on. It looks like trees in the winter.

Unknown said...

This is delicious, elle... congrats on the new grandbaby! HUGS!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Congrats to the whole family!

Do you have a black and white setting on your camera? I jsut use that when I am double checking value. Saves a lot of time.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new granddaughter!

The fabric looks good - you've got some great graduations of colour going on.

Tonya said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby! Girls are so much fun. I love the tones and graudations in the quilt.