Friday, March 19, 2010

Oh no! Company's coming!


I spent the morning flinging some of my stuff. I have kicked the garbage can around the corner and out of site. Then I thought how hard can putting my new ironing station into action! I mean, if my Dh (dear hubby) can put it together without reading the directions and swearing only mildly... Surely a moderately competent and creative chick can do this. So I descended down into the depths of the basement and arrived breathless on the second story with a hammer and some kind of X tipped screw driver which are ALL the tools I apparently need. I thought about it but decided to forgo the box of band-aids. A little pause to check the 'puter and...

Yvonne over at Ink Spiller's Attic has nominated me for the Sunshine award and is sending bloggers by.


Uhm... welcome! 8^) Please excuse the mess! I'm making my very own version of an ironing station. I like to iron on a stable surface. I'd been using my folding craft table with an extra board and some heat resistant batting and a towel. Worked well and was in a good place. But I'm improving my play space, The Coop and Saucer Playroom. aka - old master bedroom


Now the craft table is busy and the substitute table too low. I found a stackable 9 cube organizer at the local hardware store. It fits between the 2 doorways, is the right height and has storage under it. It is only 12" deep which helps with traffic congestion but may need to have a wider board laid on top. Anyway, that is what I'm spending today's creative time doing because who knows when 'he who rules the roost' will be available for assembling this latest acquisition. I will be having a coffee break when all is done and because this is a place for chicks to hang out and clink cups and spill the overflow into their saucers, you are all very welcome to knock the lone rooster off a chair and hang around to see how I make out.

Now, where was I ?

Gently push 4 small dowels (K) into the holes in each of the fixed shelves (B) as shown.

B, which one of you long guys is a B.......

2 comments:

Createology said...

You probably already have your new ironing station all put together by now Miss Capable Crafty Creative Elle in da Coop! Happy ironing...

Unknown said...

You can doooooo eeeeetttt!