I have the first baby quilt machine quilted.
I decided to do the envelope finish but with a twist. I didn't want the batting shifting so I MQed the backing to the batting with some straight lines along some of the coloured lines in the backing. Then I laid the top, right sides together on the backing. I stitched around 3 sides and part of the fourth. I put 2 stitches on the diagonal exactly at the corner to make it easier to fit all the seam allowances nicely when I turn everything right side out. I pressed the edges. I sewed the opening closed with some hand stitching and then I top stitched all around the outside edge to make a nice finish. I put a straight pin in the centre of each coloured square. Because this is a small quilt and the edges are done I just started at one side and worked my way to the other with straight lines on each side of the seam. I like more than 1/4 inch so I use the side of the walking foot as my guide. Then I rolled it up and did the same with the lines that cross. I had one very small pucker. This doesn't need lots of pins because I am not quilting close lines and any bit of fullness has room to move. But there isn't a lot to deal with as I iron the cotton batting to the backing and then I make sure the top is laid very flat on the backing and pin heavily around the edge. I sometimes iron the top down as well if I think it necessary. This one didn't need it.
I used a solid pink thread on the top and a variegated red/purple for the back. The first quilted lines blend nicely with the gridded lines and none are really very noticeable on the back. But I feel that the batting is very secure for all the washings it will get. I usually wash my quilts right away as I like that washed and puckered look. I'll be doing that soon.
I'm pleased with how it turned out. But I did piece the batting for this quilt so I need to make a trip to the city to get batting for the others. ... two to go!