Keeping in mind the word for 2010, FOCUS, I am looking at 2011 only. Not the whole decade.
From 1/1/11 to 31/12/11 I am going to be seeking and searching for ways to FIND out how I tick and what to do to keep moving forward.
I have been considering the whole resolutions/list controversy. I am not a list maker but neither do I have anything measurable to show but giggles, happy noises, snorts and half done projects. So inspite of the naysayers I will give it my best shot.
My goals for this year are:
1) To keep up to date on my commitments.
2) To complete one project a month.
3) To make serious effort towards Eggs or Else and post projects and not dreams.
4) To go through my library.
5) To try a 5 item list each day/month/year.
This is also the year of the journal. Most of my commitments involve some kind of journal. I luv scribbling, taking notes, jotting things down. I just never really go back to them. But I have a number of these commitments.
1) To teach a colour workshop to our quilt group, Common Threads, which involves a colour journal.
2) To do a small page sized art quilt for the months September thru May also for Common Threads.
3) Three Creative Studios runs challenges and I'm in. One is a weekly Journal Quilt.
4) The Sketchbook Challenge is monthly.
5) I am doing an Altered Book 101 courtesy of Elizabeth.
I'm not listing the wedding and the comfort quilts that are for this year. Those things generally get done.
I am hoping that Finding how to do five major things in this one year, broken down into 5 things per month, using a 5 day work week, with 5 things per day just might find me accomplishing something. I may like the number eleven but this just might be the year of the fives!