Monday, January 31, 2011

A good time was had by all!

The kids just left this afternoon after a 10 day stay. I'll be having an early night and tomorrow I'll be setting my house back to its normal order. I'll also be doing a bit of thoughtful planning to get back on track with my five things plan.

My DD added an inner border and then a checkered border to her thirties project. This is a baby quilt so rather than add one more border she will add a wider binding in the off white. The off white is one of those tone on tone fabrics that is actually a painted design. I don't like them. But we used the back side and I must remember that for the few more fabrics I have with the same effect. I did after all pay for both sides. LOL There are still lots of strips and scraps of thirties fabrics left so a doll blanket may be in the works but not just at this moment.

DSIL did a bit of painting for me. This has kinda got my interior design genes humming again. The hall table is now a taupe as well as the tall hall mirror. I must decide about the vertical mirror above the table. Then he spruced up a small bench and the 2 kiddy chairs. There is considerable taupe in the rug that now makes its home in the hallway. When everything is dry and back in its place I shall post a picture.

1 comment:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I think the checkered border is perfect on this quilt!!!