Monday, October 29, 2012

Motivated

I am definitely using the green Go on the traffic light!

I spent the morning cleaning and rearranging the front room with design ideas for paint and accessories in mind.  I need to come up with a whole house plan so I am ready for any questions as we proceed with the renovations.  I shall proceed each day with a room and have a recap on Friday.  I think I have finally 'got ' it!  I was supposed to quit and move onto mixed media after lunch but then I had a late lunch!  lol


But my focus for the week is my Altered Book and the cover is shaping up and the weight is on for gluing in the spring tip ins.  Elizabeth has posted lesson 19 which is Bringing It All Together and that is what I am trying to do this week.  I used archival ink with a foam pad to ink the leaves on the gessoed  cover.


Then I sprayed with a couple of different kinds of green spray.  I added the transfer  which was from clear tape.


The last bit of spray was shimmer with Perfect Pearls.

The first section, Spring, were tip ins and the glue is applied and the weight is resting on it as I type. Tip ins are loose pages that need to be glued into 2  pages that have been cut leaving  one inch remaining  for inserting the tip ins.

It is definitely a green day!

5 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Are you going to seal the cover with gel or fixative? I'm never sure how much abuse some of those surface can take. I really like the pattern and I'll bet the shimmer kicks it up! Very nice.

Createology said...

Your green cover is beautiful. Each layer of detail completes the overall depth of the leaves. The little tape transfer really draws the eye into the cover to see what is waiting beyond. Good work my dear...

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love the pattern you've used and I like the green shimmery look you've given the cover....very very nice:)

Dianne said...

Love how your AB cover turned out! green is beautiful...especially since today I woke up to a dusting of snow. yikes. I bet the rest of your book will be lovely too...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have SO much catching up to do. Thanks for changing the comment box so I can actually leave one. Wow, those Perfect Pearls are great for this cover. Very impressive and I couldn't believe how much shimmer shows in your camera photo. Not easy to accomplish!