Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wow my worktable is orange colored


The wow today is more about what is NOT on my worktable any more.  I am finished the Altered Book, Leaves and I can now concentrate on some other things.


Creativity 101 with Jenn has us trying our hand at making some cards.


I also have spread out my new fabric choices and I am super excited about a package of Bali's I impulsively snatched up in my search for some FQ's of orange.  You must admit that there are a few oranges in the mix!  lol   It is called Tonga Treats and is from Timeless Treasures and has 40 10" x10" pieces.


I also shopped my stash of stuff and found a duvet cover that I got from the thrift shop and I'm considering it for curtains in the new sunshine room.


hmm, oranges are a Christmas treat.  I wonder if anyone has done an orange themed Christmas!  :)

I'm linking to The Needle & Thread Network.  I bet they are busy on seasonal stuff!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love orange, and your oranges are fabulous! What a great idea, to have a sunshine room. I might have to copy that thought.

beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

Ann Symes said...

Love your sunshine room! Beautiful orange fabrics!

Createology said...

Your orange fabrics are very refreshing. Love the handmade card with the tree on it. Your new sunshine room will be lovely. I see Nina very busy in the near future. Happy creating...

Margaret said...

Hi Elle,

Love your sunny fabric and your sunny room. Have fun making cards!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Well I've never done an orange theme Christmas, but I do love your orange fabrics. Go for it Elle!!

HollyM said...

I love the orange fabrics!

Jo Vandermey said...

Orange is becoming one of my favorite colours. It is already my youngests favorite!
Love your sunshine room!
The cards look great and congrats on finishing your book!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Also love the idea of a sunshine room! And I love the idea of an orange Christmas! Just the thought makes me feel good!

Gina said...

I like all your orange! And I think orange for the holidays would be a wonderful change!

Anonymous said...

Oranges make the world go around. I am working on an orange quilt too. I like your cards, cute and fast to finish.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I really like orange especially in my Autumn decorating. Congrats on finishing your AB...I'll be watching to see what you do with the fabric!

Leanne said...

The fabric looks lovely, I love orange! I am not so sure of an orange Christmas but maybe you can make that work, certainly plenty of orange accents would work.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Tangerine is the chosen Pantone color this year, so you are right on track. I can see an orange Christmas because it sits next to red on the color wheel.

Regina said...

Before Christmas trees became wide-spread decorations where made out of pyramids of oranges with a pineapple on top (for the rich, the poor used turnips and cabbages, with apples when they were lucky). Those certainly took up less space and didn't shed needles......

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

I love love orange. It's my favorite color. In the chakras, it's the color of creativity. I read somewhere, "if you want to be noticed, wear red. If you want to be remembered, wear orange." So true.

I love poking around your pretty rooms through your blog. : )

~Monika K
Saskatoon