Friday, December 7, 2012

Not quite finished.


I wanted to try the grunge look for November for my calendar journal. I'm glad the month is done although it has lots of weeks!  lol


I only used red which works but was a bit of a challenge.  Writing on dark paper is also a challenge.


But red really worked for Poppy Day.  I remembered I had a photo of my Dad that we found after my mum died and I came across it as I was purging stuff today so I was very happy at the timing for this page.


I also remembered to leave some space for the grand kiddies helping clean our stove.  Definitely grungy!

I thought I was making good time till I realized there were five weeks in November and I'm losing light rapidly.  I should have the last week done for a Saturday show and tell instead of  my Friday Finish.  vbsigh

4 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I like red with everything! Are you using fole folders? That will be a great calendar when you're finished?

Createology said...

The grunge look is quite becoming and with the pop of red it is glorious. Love the photo of your dad for Poppy day. Your calendar pages will be family treasures for generations to come. Joyful Jingles Dear...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the red theme you stuck with through the entire month. I'm thinking of making my calendars like that next year. Of course, I'll not be writing as much as you.

Jan Hennings said...

love this!