Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Just because...






I do like IKEA and I could not leave this shower curtain behind.  I couldn't get it out of my mind since the first time I saw it.  Coming from a quilting background I have been making my seasonal shower curtains.  Just because...

Maybe it is time to think about making whole cloth shower curtains with fabric paint, stencils, stamps, screens, etc.  Just because...


I have been trying to go slowly with the redecorating.  I left 4 screws in the wall just because those were not going to change!  vbsigh  Not!  I had way too much clutter before,  I am a thinking.   lol   I also want to move away from traditional.  Somehow I have gotten myself entrenched in it and at heart I am much more modern.  So, I need to cover those four screws with a thoroughly modern painting.  Just because...

But this shower curtain has me rethinking my whole design plan.  A quilt thrown over the chair back is one thing but maybe I don't have to cover every flat surface and bare spot on the walls with quilted objects just because...  




I'm trying to get up to speed slowly.  I'm searching for a good start for the day.  Early morning is a good creative time.  I need to remember the Keep It Simple, Sweetheart! principle.  I'm trying very hard to keep a tight reign on my 'pedal to the metal' mentality.

Just because...

10 comments:

sherry said...

I have changing everything in my house. I have spray painted lots of baskets and some tables. Trying to move a way from brown traditional furniture look. I have been pedal to the metal for the last three months. Cleaning all the junk out from behind the sheds on this farm. What a job. Getting there. Loving my new look in the house and the tidy outside. In my creative life I am not pedal to the metal. More like snail. But heading to my sewing room today. The shower curtain idea is going to grow and rattle in my brain for awhile

Margaret said...

Love that shower curtain! I, alas, am very utilitarian in the bathroom and my curtain is plastic and functional. It's pretty enough, but I'll leave the elegance to you!

I DO admire your cozy corner with window, wing chair and tulips nearby. My home is definitely over-stuffed and I am trying, trying to pare down. Fresh window treatments are called for, and once the old PC is outta here, revamping the computer area may follow. What a Pandora's box you've opened with your inspiration! :-)

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I didn't know I needed a new shower curtain but, now, I'm pretty sure I do! Really like yours!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Goodness I think I need to visit IKEA and check out their shower curtains. I love the one you chose:)

HollyM said...

I love the shower curtain! Wish we lived near an Ikea. Yes, take your time and you will find what you love. I like a simpler more modern look now too.

Createology said...

That is a fabulous shower curtain! There must be a perfect style for you with traditional and modern blended together. Changing it up keeps things fresh. Have fun with your decor dear...

Emelie said...

Just have to mention the blue..Grape Hyacinth a memory of them, my best friend in 1st grade brought them to school, a large fist full, they had such a sweet smell, I was so jealous of them and that gift for a teacher. I have a few now, but, would have to pick them all for a half a fist full.
the shower curtain is a painting in itself. pretty.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the way that room turned out. Not sure about the shower curtain. I'm not much on so much color. It would depend on what decorations I'm using in the bath, as to whether I would use it or not. Of course, it seems to fit right into your colorful lifestyle, so I applaud you.

BTW, I have no IKEA within a 1000 miles of my house.

Margaret Applin said...

Is that the sitting room that looks so gorgeous in that photo?????

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

your yellow room is SOOOO pretty. I would love to come visit - but O M G I'm not sure my back or butt can handle a drive that long again! Had a nice time in Gimli ! ; ) SO sorry we missed each other. Your blog was one of my very first favorites.

~Monika