Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A crazy path

I decided that part of moving forward involved spending some money!  lol  A little, well, make that a LITTLE stash enhancement seemed necessary.  Big sale on Kona Cotton solids and few pick me up prints!

I thought they all came together rather well.  Now, what to do?

Vicki, over at Field Trips in Fiber, started another Quilt Along-  Cross the Drunkard's Path.   I'd rather enjoyed the HSTeria one which focused on half square triangles but I haven't exactly gotten all those ideas sewn together.  And here she goes again; just after I swore up and down I would not...  blah, blah, blah.  I'm sure I have some who can relate.  :O

BUT...

I do happen to have a few projects on my bucket list and a set of dies that haven't even been out of their packages.  hmmmm  Maybe I could do something small as in not queen size!  ;^)

Now I found the saved page ideas as I'm trying to work out KISS in my studio.  I am doing the final pruning  from four legal sized filing cabinets down to 15 slots on a wall mounted filing system.  I've come a long way baby!  Good thing I have an optimistic 'Can Do' attitude to impossible challenges. :(  Of course working up to the 'Can Do' has taken some time but I think a full (AND FINAL) reveal will be happening soon.  vbsigh!  It has taken about ten years to admit I can't do it all and then another couple to get over the guilt and let go of some stuff I thought I'd want to do. It seems to have been pile by pile, layer by painful layer.  Kinda like removing a bandaid from a stuck wound.  I shoulda just yanked!   Too bad, sew sad;  now move on!!!  And it does feel good and the pack is lighter, the step firmer and the whistle is back!  "I am a happy wanderer...     :)

The Happy Wanderer

 

I love to go a-wandering,
Along the mountain track,
And as I go, I love to sing,
My knapsack on my back.
Chorus:
Val-deri,Val-dera,
Val-deri,
Val-dera-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Val-deri,Val-dera.
My knapsack on my back.
I love to wander by the stream
That dances in the sun,
So joyously it calls to me,
"Come! Join my happy song!"
I wave my hat to all I meet,
And they wave back to me,
And blackbirds call so loud and sweet
From ev'ry green wood tree.
High overhead, the skylarks wing,
They never rest at home
But just like me, they love to sing,
As o'er the world we roam.
Oh, may I go a-wandering
Until the day I die!
Oh, may I always laugh and sing,
Beneath God's clear blue sky!                        ha-ha-ha-ha HA!!!!!

5 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

I can sooooo relate to not wanting to let things go - someday I just might want to try/do this again, and then I'll be really sorry I got rid of all those supplies (that have been sitting unused for years...)
Great stash additions! Enjoy your wanderings!

sherry said...

i did a large destashing last year...sold and gave away lots...i decided i would stick with only 2 things sewing and my watercolour paints...i just felt overwhelmed and guilty all the time because i could never get it all done...now i can walk into my house without that huge sense of guilt and responsiblity...i feel free

Sharon said...

Thanks for posting The Happy Wanderer! You took me back to my elementary school days in music class! Such a happy song!

I too have been purging. My girls and I have tried so many crafts as they grew up. I have come to face the fact that I'm a quilter only. Not a card maker, not a stamper, not a scrap booker, etc. Nope, it is quilting for me! So out go all the other supplies! Girls got first dibs, what they don't want - bye bye!

Hope to see some DP sewing action from you!

Createology said...

Oh My Goodness Elle...this post is so relevant to what I am t r y i n g to do. Why is it so hard to eliminate the extraneous and focus on the happy. I believe in Happy and will find it, just as you are doing. Thank you for sharing your journey. Dare to Delight Dear...

Leanne said...

I love making circle patterns, I bet your QAL will be great fun! And good for you on the tidying up and moving on process, its just plain hard to do.