It took a bit to get to this place but I like it. The assignment for our studio time was a paint chip.
My mix for the dark navy was kinda off but I wasn't thinking of showing too much. The palette suggested a woodland floor so I slathered on fibre paste.
We mixed up various earth tones and put shelf liner leaf masks onto the background and splashed away. I neglected to get some of the process on camera but ithe spread just was too dark for me so I gessoed everything and began again. I also twisted up some masking tape for twigs,
The leaf masks are in place and I also used a baby wipe to lighten things even more.
The leaf shapes are kinda soft but I also stamped some leaves on. I splattered some almost navy drops. I want to use those leaf masks on a follow up layout. yum!
I splattered and I stenciled on a word. It bothered me that the navy was almost a no show so I found some paper. I also added some wee dots of
gold Stickles that one can discover as one looks close...
I did discover that a medium kind of day can lead to discovering something special!!!
I admit a fascination. I have no interest in taking such trouble for 2 paper pages, but I admire your work!
Love that background!
clever and well executed
Post a Comment