Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring is Trending



We have been having some crazy weather and more is coming tonight.  Cold and the new driveway is willing to accept vehicles.  Warm- not so much.  The snow and slush that has mixed with new gravel is making life very interesting. :{  So I have mixed feelings about the warm weather! 

I DO luv Pantone's colour palette for spring.  I actually have a number of them in my closet and definitely in my fabric stash.

Hot pink is definitely on trend but I'm embracing pale dogwood, myself!  With lots of greenery thrown in.

And then there are stripes.  I haven't met a stripe that hasn't made me smile.  I scored the Coldwater Creek jacket at the thrift shop!  :)

I am enjoying the group of fashionistas at the 40+Style Club.  We learn and we post photos of the daily challenges using our capsule grouping.  It makes for a busy day taking photos and then a quick upload on the weekdays of the challenge.  That is one week of learning and gathering a core of about a dozen articles of clothing, shopping, or shopping our closet.  Then ten days of posting, with one week of socializing (and showing off the also rans)!  I should get faster at this as I progress.   The ladies are most encouraging and last week I got to be a poster girl.  Actually I think it was for most improved.  LOL  I have learned the importance of things fitting and the value of accessorizing.  My mixed media art and fibre art lessons/principles really help.   I need to start smiling but coordinating the requirements,  throwing clothes all over the place,  learning to take selfies,  and then standing still after clicking 10 second timer is all very challenging. 


The new 'me' is going for light-hearted and, casually contemporary.  I'm losing the dark look and embracing the light.   It certainly makes shopping an whole lot easier which makes me very lightheaded.  lol


Through one of the members I also discovered a blog- The Vivienne Files.    I spent Sunday evening going through the 'Starting From Scratch' tab.  Here are two examples of a personal colour wheel.   This totally appeals to me.  I'm just about ready to commit to my basic neutrals and my accent colours.  I was almost going to say navy and grey (no more black) when I realized I have very little navy but I have LOTS of green so it may be green and grey.  Aqua (teal) is one colour and I'm thinking pink (cranberry) for the other.  The 'other' light will be white/ecru/cream- depending.   I did think of two capsules- one for summer and one for winter but remembered KISs just in time.  LOL  But those kahaki sections can still work when I go grey taupe and green based taupe so I can have those for summer.    Then think of all the combos with lights to darks and prints that pull together two colours.  I hate clothes shopping so this would focus me on MY colours.  A jean skirt is a must,  almost considered a neutral and I'd keep my black pencil skirt and LBD (little black dress).

Spring is my favourite season even though it can be quite cool and muddy here.  But the idea of fresh air, pussy willows and green grass just make me happy!  I am happy to put away all the stuff that has managed to accumulate from the previous seasons, spring clean and start all over again with lots of white and minimal clutter.

I'll be accessorizing things that best show off the charm of this old character lady.  ha!  you thought I meant me.  I meant this old house!  We have a  showing for a prospective buyer this week and a contender for our own purchase/consideration.  So I have not been making much art but I have been busy!  Spring is shaping up to be very exciting and summer is looking to be busy!  Bring on the daffies!

6 comments:

Frances Arnold said...

You and your wardrobe are looking great!!! During tax season, when I am stuck by myself in my office, I tend to live in jeans so I am definitely looking forward to Summer and wearing dresses again!!!

Beth said...

You are one busy and well dressed woman. Fingers crossed for a buyer and in your own house search. Lookin' good!!!

Jo Vandermey said...

Looking good must make you feel great! Hope your home buyers and your house hunting goes well! It can be a stressful time making all the changes. It may be a down time of making art but when it is done you can settle in and create again.

Createology said...

You dear are making art...You and your new style is art! You look fabulous and very Tres Chic. Best on your home showing and may this be your buyer. Plenty of time for messy paint and glue art later. Enjoy your new Spring Greens...<3

Margaret said...

Late to catch up with your spring fling, wardrobe wise -- but I must say I really love that hot pink striped jacket! The blues and cool greens are okay, but those vibrant pinks/reds give you a glow! :-)

UplayOnline said...

I am definitely looking forward to Summer and wearing dresses again!!!


jav