Monday, April 10, 2017

A lab experiment!

Scored a lab coat at the thrift shop.  Hopefully it gets lots of colourful slops on it because I just sent 26 garments to the varage site. Downsizing! They were either black, no longer useful or just not flattering.  I am experimenting with lighter colours and flattering fit! 


It was a bad idea when I downsized my sewing patterns.  Studying my flattering fit suggestions,  I can think of 3 patterns right off the top of my wooden head that I should have kept.  The fabric store I visited in the city was  not friendly/helpful last time so after last week's excursion I am thinking was my final visit.  They turned the pattern cabinets to face the sales counter and they find the patterns for you when they aren't busy!  :/  Anyway, I have been calling around and the patterns I want are gonna be easiest to get online.  No wonder brick and mortar stores go out of business.  One fabric store didn't even carry patterns!  ??? 

To console myself I stopped at a brick and mortar quilt shop who encouraged and supported my rant.  Therefore...

My excuse was I need a new purse (red) so this would be easier than explaining the leather purchase!  Some story, huh?  They also had a vest pattern but it was similar to the one I actually kept.   I am so frugal.  snort!  The Sari yarn will be for bracelets which I really want to be part of my personal style.


I did also get a fit bit!   The Rooster is checking it at the end of my day and I have joined,  after some excruciating back and forth messaging, a group from my style club who are dressing for style while they literally downsize!


I have 3 months worth of super vitamins to get me perky and I shall alternate healthy citrus/vegetable juice/smoothies and glasses of water for this experimental marathon. 

We'll see how this experiment works out!  But I can't just stand around sipping water.  It is STEPS that count!  The race is ON!

6 comments:

Createology said...

Customer Service is crucial to any business that wants to stay profitable. Love your lab coat for fun times. I have a FitBit and it really does help to motivate me to move more. In fact my FitBit One just broke its button yesterday so I am very sad. I have had it three years since my daughter bought it for me for Moher's Day. I love it!!! Move On Dear...

Beth said...

It sounds like quite the "Life Change". I also have a FitBit and love it's encouragement. I first struggled to get 10,000 steps but now I do 5-7 miles a day. I also cut out ALL sugar and wheat, meat and dairy so now I'm vegan (veggies, fruit and nuts) I also dropped 23 lbs without even trying. Best of success to you.

Margaret said...

Hop to it, elle! ;-)

Frances Arnold said...

I love the Lab Coat....what a good idea for the studio, especially when there are paints and dyes involved!!! It seems that your TOTAL makeover is going well....keep up the good work!!

Threadpainter said...

Hi Elle,
I have been reading/catching up through several of your latest posts.
My goodness, you have been busy ! Good luck with all the changes in your life. I have just begun the 'downsizing' - so daunting !

UplayOnline said...

I love it!!! Move On Dear...


jav