Thursday, June 8, 2017

The Sweet Spot

Time to go back and visit with DD#1.  I have eaten all my candied ginger!

But other sweet things are happening!


WEEKLY STATS
Hi, Ellen Pukalo!
Here are your stats for May.​ 29 - Jun.​ 4
Best Day! 10,188 Tue. Wed. Thurs. Fri. Sat. Sun.

 
61,993 total steps
22,631 more than last week





I did gain 2 pounds last month.  Might have been all the sweet things that I did/ate while away.  I have been using my Fitbit and one kind lady says muscle weighs more than fat but unfortunately I didn't walk that much.  But I have discovered that I can rotate around the dining room table as I think.  Way better than sitting in my comfy chair with a cup of coffee!
  
With the Rooster's retirement looming on the calendar, I have been trying to up my at home/chore/casual look.   The 40+ gals are wonderfully helpful but I don't see make up, hair up-do's, and accessorizing as part of my shuffle, yawn, and sip coffee morning routine even if there are classier chicks out there.  Ha!  I will perhaps give it some thought as I rotate around the table while my dearie enumerates the day's projects.

 But the club did have an eye opening video on using scarves.  Did you know that wetting a scarf and putting it around your neck instantly lowers your core temperature.  !!!

But it would be good to perk myself up with some colour at my face.  The small square silky scarf!  Easy Peasy!  Next will be to see if I actually dare to whip out for the mail dressed like this!  When is one the right age to not care what the neighbours think!  sheesh!   Well, no sooner said typed than one came knocking and apparently my new look made little impression on him.  He only had eyes for the Rooster's old tractor!  lol

But just think what the effect would be on my art!
uh. oh!  Now I have to find a beret for messy hair days!  lol


I'm still trying to find good cheap paper for the grandkiddies nature journals.  I did find finger painting paper at the dollar store but it is pretty shiney!  My grand students arrive tomorrow to spend  the weekend.  We'll have lots to study as they are available for hire on the yard!  They have a long Lego wish list!  lol 

We are going back to recheck the property we liked to see if it still has a sweet savour.  It will also be to count stones.  The yard area seemed to have a number of significant number of challenges for a lawnmower!

Looking forward to a sweet weekend!

5 comments:

Createology said...

You look wonderful and the cool scarf is a great accessory. Hope you find just the right property. Fun with your Grands dear. <3

Jo said...

What a great outfit! And I think you would impress any new neighbours when you move as well as now. But you can't compete with a "farmer" and his tractor... Growing up and even now my farm roots guys will always choose a piece of equipment first. My dad'S first thing to do when I brought my then boyfriend now husband was to show him the farm equipment. There was always a slight panic look in my fellows eye when dad dragged him away.
Enjoy the kiddies this weekend and the mini labour for for force.

Jo Vandermey said...

I was the unknown blogger Elle - Jo Vandermey

Frances Arnold said...

I think you look MUCH better than some old tractor!!!

UplayOnline said...

Hope you find just the right property. Fun with your Grands dear. <3


jav