A challenge for a quilted shape is done. I'm pleased I am ahead of the deadline. I'm pleased that it is actually going to be part of another project that will become finished. I'm also pleased that I managed to do it without getting sidetracked by all the stuff that still needs putting away here in the coop. I cleared the sewing and cutting table in the morning. I cut grass as the window of opportunity was only open for a short time. Then I locked myself in the playroom after supper.
The inspiration for this was a challenge to make a quiltie shape. I had taken a class to make small quilties, stack them, cut them, shuffle them and resew them. They looked exactly as I've described the process. 8b I did like the fabric so I was looking to see if I could make a shape from one of the sections. Hmmm, they could be a background if I off set them, play with them... There ia a leaf motif in the Bali fabric I had used. The colour wheel showed me an accent option and I had the perfect piece of fabric, kinda small but just maybe, if I don't mess up. Leaves aren't flat so the thinnest batting I had added to the puckery look and I couldn't find the interfacing anyway. I traced a shape, zigzagged around it using my walking foot, then switched to free motion for spine and viens. I cut it out and then free motioned with the zigzag around the edges. Thank goodness the Bernie really can sew on air! lol
Next challenge will be to get this background worked up into something I can also be pleased with. The first two I'd originally joined did not craete artistic confidence!
Post a Comment