Monday, December 7, 2009

Line Dancing


The art challenge for this month is all about line. Because we are building on the elements I wanted to stay in black and white and very simple. I luv the treble clef. So I did some googling and came up with the music sign and then some! I cut the fused shapes with an exacto knife. These challenges are letter page size. I did sew the music staff (?) I'm no musician, with two strands of rayon thread thru the batting but I did a few passes especially on the bottom lines. If I'd had some black cording I'd have couched it on. Then I added the backing which is grey music fabric and stitched a single line for the quilting. I fused the music signs. I decided not to do anything with the edges as these won't see much wear. I used an ivory rayon to free motion treble clefs all over the background. I'm very much liking the newer , thinner binding.