Thursday, May 6, 2010

The general consensus is...



Leave it alone! That was the general advice from my previous post. I thought so myself as I tend toward 'less is more', but I thought I may just be rushing to finish. The facing was easy to do and I quite liked how it went on. Now 3 buttons on the hairy deal, and the beads will be recycled on another background as I think I'll cut my losses and begin again. I also got a big quilt finished. It was stalled because I didn't like the MQing but I just said "getterdone" and it is surprising what a wash and a hot dryer can do to improve things. This is a Karla Alexander stack the deck quilt and I chose a spring palette of fabrics.


Phew, I felt like I've got some serious WIPS done. Snoopy dancing is a happening!

5 comments:

Createology said...

Wow Elle you have really completed some amazing fiber art. Your quilts are wonderful. Three buttons and a key is so simple yet so textural and beautiful. I have not seen something like this. You should feel super proud of what you are accomplishing and finishing. Happy creating...

Yvonne said...

How beautiful! I hve never made this pattern. You did a wonderful job.

True Blue Nana said...

How impressive, two beautiful quilts. I love love the colors! Both are stunning. The colors in the first one just shimmer.

Approachable Art said...

This is gorgeous!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Love love love that "stack the deck" quilt. Just beautiful!