Saturday, May 22, 2010

So far sew good!



With the sunshine room still as the focus I have been considering the backings. There are some possibilities and I'll post those Monday. Keeping with the spring decor, the 3/4 guest room would be next. The bed is my parent's old 3/4 sized bed which is great in our smaller rooms. I am keeping any 50's stuff in here. I got 3 thrift shop pillows that are top drawer. I'll recover the smaller. I have gathered a few fabrics for the quilt with the main one being Daisy Chain by Amy Butler which has a gold that is pretty much the old gold in that chair. The circles aspect of the spring quilts just might be the dots in the daisy centres because I have a lovely rectangular square in a square style in mind. There is also an aqua with gold rings and some kind of soft, woven brown. Now I just had a thought that I could applique a few circles up an outer or inner border. I luv asymmetrical. I need to write that down! 8^)
My farmer is home and he is handing out today's list so I best get on the job because it is really all about my yard projects. YAY!!!

2 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Some one posted a quilt with circles the other day, did you see it? I don't remember which blog I saw it on.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the colours in the Daisy Chain range are totally gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you put together.