Friday, May 7, 2010

When you come in...



The main entrance to the house is the front veranda. Then the front door opens into a decent sized hall. My hubby and I are almost having a knock down drag 'em out discussion about the entry. He sees the veranda as a farm porch and I see it as a first impression. The entrance hall also collects all things not pretty. There is no closet but I have some coat hooks.
I find the two hallways challenging because they connect so many different rooms. This hall has my mum's old cedar chest which usually has a quilt on it which works because it muffles sound and reads as cosy. The mirror bounces some needed light but the table tends to collect stuff. There is NO storage for pens, phone book etc.
But I do have a bundle of FQ's for spring that I like. They have a slightly oriental feel to them that reminds me of spring. I haven't quite settled on a plan and perhaps while I'm standing around at the quilt show I can really be home imagining I'm welcoming guests into a well decorated foyer!

3 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

That top fabric looks exactly like the floors at the Convention Centre where we had quilt Canada last week! Exactly like it.

Unknown said...

Lovely hallway vignette, Ellen! :D And I love the color scheme of your new fat quarters. :D

Anonymous said...

Love the colours, especially the turquoise!