Friday, April 25, 2014

HSTeria!


 

 I've decided to join the hysteria over at Field Trips in Fibre.  This post and this post has  lead to HSTeria.  A question was asked and the HSTeria Quilt Along has come into being.  I have succumbed!

There are a couple of reasons.  I do like triangles.  I have a die for cutting half square triangles and I need to learn how  to use it.  I have fabric options; boy, do I have fabric options!  I need a deadline.  The Rooster wants a 'bigger' quilt than the last few I've been doing.  lol  This feels like a good fit.  sew...

The modified Irish Chain wall hanging is half square triangles but I cut squares of fabric and then cut them again with a rotary cutter.  I'm ready to try precision piecing with trimmed tips.  :)  I hope to make a nice lap quilt for the fall weather as we wait for chilly nights to sit by the stove.  This is a safe fabric ensemble.  Light/dark.  Bali's and a nicely patterned chameleon green.  It is nice to play it safe!  But then...

Do I, once again, want to play it safe?  I do like this.  A three inch triangle...

Could this be piecing/living dangerously?  Will all the bits connect and form fall flowers in the viewer's eye?

What the heck!  It is a quilt top.  No need to get hysterical!  Live dangerously and try the what if...

Fabric decisions are now, gulp, made and next will be starching the fabrics for precise cutting and piecing.  Let the HSTeria begin!

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love your fabrics!

Leanne said...

You probably have enough fabrics to make both but if you are going with one I would pick the brighter.

Createology said...

Those Bali's are so gorgeous and there is something about that floral that just pops with it all. Live on the edge dear...the HSTeria Quilt Along excitement. Creative Fabric Bliss...

Margaret said...

This could be fun...perhaps for a break after the art show...

Jo Ferguson said...

You've chosen perfect colours for a fall quilt. HST eria is the perfect name for a quilt along. I agree...live dangerously and piece like you've never pieced before. I know the results will be amazing.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Those fabrics!!!! Love them :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm really enjoying the fabric choices you have made these last few posts. I look forward to what you make of these triangles, too. Choices, choices!

Thanks for stopping by my place so often over the past few days. Sorry I've not had the chance to reciprocate. Guess I partied too hard this week (grin).

MarveLes Art Studios said...

I love it!!! no danger here... just a great, new "breakout" of the safe box! GO FOR IT! xo

Threadpainter said...

Rooting for ya, baby ! Rah Rah Rah !