Thursday, December 15, 2011

Accepting challenges

  Deadlines are always motivating but the pressure of time is perhaps not conducive to the best work.


 I had ambitious plans but I'm wondering if my style might not be found in the more simpler modes.


 I do like blogging about what I do as I always learn when I try to describe my process and of course the photos often reveal details I overlook.


I must confess that I like this better on the wall than in the photo.  Aqua is a hard colour to capture and the light/dark balance seems off in the photo.  I had originally been so thrilled with pillow ticking for a base fabric for dyeing.  It dyes wonderfully but the more I work with it the more I find its tight weave a detriment to fibre art.

In the new year I hope to do less challenges and more technique series.

2 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Time is the downer, at times! LOL. It's a gorgeous color tho, Elle. Try photographing it in northern light if you can... or indirect, bright light. Tough challenge in the winter! Keep it up!

HollyM said...

It's a pretty piece. I know what you mean about blogging though. I find that I have to be brave about putting my stuff out there but it is in writing about it and looking at it on the computer that I often see what I should have done or might do to finish a piece.