Thursday, December 8, 2011

No place like home


If you came through the front door you step right into the heart of this home. 
 Welcome


This is what you would see.  Lots of dialogue on the picture placement.  I am surrounded by symmetrical people.  I'm okay with any changes that are made after I'm done and the almost empty paint cans are available for the odd touch ups.


The kitchen is very visible.  It is amazing what a coat of fresh paint and new door knobs will do.  It was while I was doing these cupboards that I smacked myself for taking on such an ambitious undertaking.  ;(


This hutch was placed last and I wish I'd more time to style it.  I'm not feeling the luv.  Painting is not an option as the home owners don't want painted furniture. Painting the window  trim was done because the window insets are white as are the baseboards and doors.   I'm also leaving the decision to mount it to the wall to my kids.


It was 10:00 PM and I was switching things around and thought enough already.  But this is a house with little people.  The 4 cupcake plates I bought a couple of years ago are for tea parties.  But I wanted to add some fun and casualness to a house that is taking on a bit of a formal touch.  The cloth covered stool by the sofa will indubitably be denuded and moved to under the window for the kids to monitor the school playground across the road.  Same with the table cloth as play dough rules here.


This bathroom saver cupboard was to add storage and as my Rooster was putting it together Sunday afternoon, I realized his pantry addition in the basement probably made this unnecessary but we/he was committed. lol


If you came through the back porch this would be what would greet you on a perfect day.  :)

Maintaining two places is exhausting.  Dear daughter's house may look great but mine has serious gaps from missing furniture and saggy piles leaning all over the place.  I'm happy to be home and restoring some order.  My Rooster is wanting something other than chicken scratch for supper tonight and clean socks for tomorrow.

Yikes, I see paint on that chair above!  Here's hoping that only the grand kiddies will be seeing things down low until I can get there, drop my spoon and surreptitiously scrub it off!  

So enjoy the tea I promised when you came for a visit. Sit, sip and sigh while I gear up for one last dance with my vacuum for this week.

6 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

It looks GREAT! I love the yellow paint in the kitchen. WOW! Can I get you in my house one day?

Vicki W said...

You did a fabulous job! Oh how I wish you lived near me.

Createology said...

Your hard work and love shine in every room. Well done dear. Home Sweet Home hugs...

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Well done......I'm sure the family will enjoy it for years to come!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

You did a beautiful service to the kids! Congratulations and SOLI DEO GLORIA!

Judy said...

It looks great! I love the cheerful yellow and white kitchen. You must be exhausted-put your feet up for a while.