Friday, March 22, 2013

Starting to wrap things up


I am hand sewing the binding on the first baby quilt.  Good to be moving these projects off my worktable.


I'm thrilled with the floor.  I hadn't really thought about staining it but the medium coloured walnut stain kinda evens out the various fir boards and somewhat makes the floor more up to date. I didn't want really dark as we are far too casual for high maintenance floors.  This is a good blend.  Next comes the finish.  And I do believe they are finished making dust so now I can do a major clean.  I have dust on my keyboard for goodness sake.  :(


I have also signed up for a class with my friend Margaret  who is teaching it on the Joggles website.  I couldn't get some of my paper supplies so I just ordered them from Joggles and I have been very impressed with their service.  It arrived in seven days, the day the class began.  :)  There are one or two extras, well three or four.  I am really trying to stick to basic stuff that I can use in a variety of ways.   I figured I saved the gas money from a futile trip to the city and with the March sale I got the shipping free.  :) 

Now to dust off my keyboard, the worktable and well, the house in general and then I can unwrap these goodies and...

6 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Remodeling is a bit of a trial! It will be so lovely when your finished it will be worth it.

HollyM said...

The floor is just georgous! And what a sweet baby quilt.
I'd love to have signed up for her course but I'm saving every penny right now for a trip to Korea. I can't wait to see what you do!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

so agree with you on the floors, but i am ready to see what the finish looks like. we have {old} hardwood floors as well; home buit in 1940. reminds of when i moved in!!! oh boy, mess is right. the quilt is charming, and i was so glad we didn't have the snow you showed a few days ago. enjoy your class and of course, the darling margi!!! xxxooooo

Createology said...

Sweet little baby quilt all completed. Your floors look beautiful. I love the warmth they add to the new yellows of the walls.
Fun new supplies. I had never looked at all the classes Joggles offers. I missed one I would have enjoyed. Dust Away Dear...

Jo Vandermey said...

I really like the floor!
The baby quilt looks great!
And I love Joggles service too! They are fast efficient and their prices are good.
I am trying to stay to basics too but went to an open house yesterday. I went to look but bought a whack of thread. But my thread stash had got pretty low so in a way it was good. It does seem to cost a lot for a small bag...
good to see your progress. You are inspiring as usual.

Margaret Applin said...

Wow!! The floors look great and I bet that goes very nicely with the glazing on the walls!! Looking good!!