Furniture and accessories had to find new temporary residences! I tried to keep some paths clear!
I went to work on the wedding quilt blocks as the crew began to change the downstairs. That back wall had been plywood with a very old wallpaper. Drywall has been put in place. The other walls are plaster with a sponge paint finish. It all must be a good 20 years old. ooh, embarrassing!
Look what a couple of hours produced. I am really luving it. This is a thin coating of mud (?) plaster (?) that is troweled sorta smooth. The process will continue after everything nicely dries.
I am in the home stretch as far as the blocks go. The trick is not confusing myself which is horribly easy as I look sideways, lay down the right, UHM! make that 'correct' piece! Then transfer everything to the cutting table with the right piece on the left side 'cause I sew from the inside edge to the outside edge. See what I mean! :O Then I try not to mix up the pieces as they come back from the sewing machine. I have part of the last row to piece and the three corners. I did rip off the border I first did and now I have to rip some more as I need those yellow patches to finish as all my yardage has be cut and used. It will be nip and tuck but I'm rooting for tuck!
I had to carefully set everything aside because my gal came for creativity 101. I try not to listen to Nina quivering under her protective cover as Jenn and I get kinda excited and abandon all caution.! lol
But we held it down to white gesso and only a small digression for a pink flower on the paint shirt! :)
The painters return tomorrow and I shall be back listening to Nina hum as we get this top finished. I am thinking it is looking all the better for all the snafoos!
I hesitate to link to The Needle and Thread Network as I am still not finished this top. :( But I'm close, very close!