Wednesday, March 27, 2013

wow- good, Better...



Yesterday  I machine quilted the scrappy yellow lap quilt.  I am in a hurry to finish ufo's for the finish-a-long.  But it said, "not good, not finished'!  Sew.. 

I want to use my binding attachment.  While I was waiting for my great dealer to get back to me on the instructions I carried on...


I got it all the roosters done.  I flipped it over and one section could be better.  Not sure why the tension in that section is off.  I need to listen to Nina better.  I now recognize the sound of an almost empty bobbin and I bet she sends out some kinda moan when she is struggling!  lol

Elizabeth phoned because of Internet problems and we had a lovely chat and then she gave me a couple of web sites.  NOW, I remember why I got the binder at the last Bernina sale.  whoo!  Easy and cute says the video.  So I shall be dragging all the sewing stuff back on the worktable.


I have made up an ABC, and a DEF schedule for Creativity 101.  It starts with A for arrival and some creative warm ups.  Then a Downtown time  (or dessert time) in the middle and we'll Finish up with FUN!
I don't know about my gals but I need the structure!  lol



During coffee with the painters we chatted about what kind of options I had for painting the hutch.  I had filled it with an assortment of accessories that I use throughout the seasons.  I'd like the hutch to look better and showcase the various seasonal decor.  Top is funky fall, middle left is summer cottage, middle right is simply spring. and the bottom is traditional winter!  ???  I do know that the white knobs are definitely going!


Before I lay out the binding fabric I took the time to do some more pages for Printing the Journal  with Margaret over at Joggles.  Serious fun and I'm getting better!

I hope that good and even better things are happening at The Needle & Thread Network.

6 comments:

Createology said...

UFOs are banishing very quickly and looking very excellent. It will be fun to see what you do with your hutch. Structure for your Creativity 101 with the girls sounds like a good idea. Love the Pretty in Pink pages. Creative Hearts are Very Happy Hearts...

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

I really like your quilting on the scrappy yellow and the roosters!! Really looks great!

Regina said...

You are busy and creative! Happy Easter

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

The quilt turned out wonderful Elle!! I love how you quilted the yellow one.

Leanne said...

I love how you quilted the yellow quilt, you are sure finishing quickly.

jackie said...

You certainly seem to be making the feathers fly with all the activity over here. Love the coop.
thanks for reading my blog.