Sunday, January 1, 2017

I have something to say!

Winter's Inspiration
I have written on one of my invariable scraps of paper a quote that says- You are what you are because you do what you do".  I don't feel that I did a lot last year and I am determined to 'DO' in 2017.

I have a plethora of supplies, books, videos, tutorials, notes, ideas and incomplete projects.  So much that I get lost in this art forest and can't seem to find a single tree that appeals.   I have no excuse.

I have time.  I have the usual household jobs, appointments and errands.  But my time is my own.

I have money.  Well, lets amend that to some wiggle room in the household budget.  ;^)

I have my health.  While the quirks of old age trip me up occasionally, I manage to maintain my motto of 'staying on my feet'!

I have not one, but two rooms to create in.  One for my fabric and sewing projects.  One for making mixed media messes.  I have organized and reorganized them to suit my personal quirks.   I may have learned something but I haven't made much.

If I haven't accomplished much over the past 12 months I have gotten a better understanding of myself.  It is perhaps called, 'facing the music'!

I am ready to roll up the sleeves on my creative smock and actually accomplish art.   I am NOT going to over think this.  I am NOT going to procrastinate. Neither am I going to join a dozen 'join me' projects.   I am going to do it.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Sounds great! All the best for the New Year!

Margaret said...

However you find your happy place, Elle, may it be a wonderful New Year for you and yours!

Hugs!

Createology said...

Elle dear I can so relate to your story. I seem to be my best "creative block" and lack actually doing things or project progression. I do know 2017 is a fresh new beginning and I am going to give my very best this year. I know you will too. We both have transistion in our futures. Creative Bliss Abounds...XO

Frances Arnold said...

Preach it Sister!!! Here's to a year of finding time to create!!!

A Joyful Chaos said...

Sounds like fun filled 2017!

I love crafting when ever I actually do it. :)