Monday, April 1, 2013

Finish along for First Quarter




The Snoopy Dance is for the First Quarter Finish A Long.

This has just been the best thing for me as I have wanted to get these old ufo's done so I can start a whole bunch of new things. :O  Well, let me rephrase that.  I want to make new quilts, 'finished' new quilts and some new fibre art also finished.  I think I have learned my lesson about having old projects languishing in piles all around the coop!

I also like planning things so it was fun to sort and prioritize for the first three months.

This week will be all about finishing.

I started off easy.

A binding for the veranda quilt.

The quilt was started back here  and here.



This is a lap quilt. It is called the veranda quilt because it was made got the quilt rack in the veranda.  The Rooster had to shore up the veranda roof and he made a creative shelf for the spot . Now the quilt rack is awaiting a new spot but the quilt actually lays nicely on the end of the bed!

One down and a few more to go!

7 comments:

CapitolaQuilter said...

Your quilt is very pretty and I love all the different yellow fabrics used in it.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Beautiful:) Nice and sunny and bright.

What Comes Next? said...

a beautiful bright finish! Way to go Elle!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I'll bet it feels good to have the weight of the UFOs off your shoulders. Keep calm and carry on......!

Createology said...

I can read the sigh of relief in your post having finished projects and organizing your spaces to allow for a wonderful creative pace. Love the Veranda quilt. Keep Happy Dancing Dear...

HollyM said...

Olive the color and design of this quilt. So pretty! Satisfying.

Leanne said...

I love this quilt and I love the snoopy dance too. I am glad that the finish along is working for you.