Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Intentional Blogging 4 Type


While there are an innumerable number of kinds of blogs; there are only two types.  Personal and Topical.

My life is not interesting enough for any kind of in depth analysis of my naval!

Topical could be a tad dry if I just stuck to facts, figures and techniques.

So this is actually kinda easy.  I shall stick to the topic of creativity but personalize it with how I develop creativity as it relates to things that I care about.  That would be where I live and work and play-  my home.
It is about the journey as well as the project.

There are no shortage of topics for creating a creative home, whether it be the art on the wall, the hand work on the tote bag and matching scarf, the colour and design of the rooms, the vignettes for the tables, the best way to disguise the cracks in the plaster, or the altered book on the coffee table.  There are more ideas than time to do them all.

Could combining both types lead to a third?  Whatever!  I'm blogging creatively on a topic I personally find fascinating!

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoy your cavalier attitude as you go through these exercises. They are certainly easier than making an altered book or a quilt!

Createology said...

Elle I am really enjoying your journey and you sharing it with us. I tried the topical for my blog...and it definitely got boring and became a chore to find content and try to not steer anyone who might be reading it astray. So I remain as you are doing...creative with a bit of personal mixed in. I think it is much more interesting as we travel along our journey of life to share what we wish to share. And those that care become our true blogging friends. Thank you my blogging friend...

HollyM said...

I too think it is the personal bits mixed with the creative stuff that makes a blog interesting and gives it personality. We want o know what it's like in other parts of the country and the world. And we want to know how others live. We want to relate.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I don't do personal because I'm boring and I don't do topical as it's boring too so I just post about what interests me and if someone wanders over and enjoys what I've posted then all is good:)