I decided Mondays will be a good day for my on line classes. I did read the first lesson on Colorlove 101 but then remembered my Altered Book tutorials and my calendar journal. So...
No colorlove just yet! lol
But I can combine the other two. Pockets were the last tutorial I did and I think they will be a great addition to the journal. My memory is toast so I need to find a better way to remember what is memorable. Tags! And tucking them into pockets works for me!
I can't believe I 'lost' 2 weeks in July. I got Jolina's birth day but there will be some vague picture images happening. sheesh This is the back of June and the title page for July
I was running out of time so I'll need to fill these in better. This is where the memory lapse stated. lol
I need to have a better idea of what the week's layout will be to incorporate room for the best event of the week. Hopefully the 14th was a loss of memory day! I'm learning the value of outlining with a black pen. Then the numbers will show up better.
I need to do some creative inserting as I missed a whole week in placing the pages. :( This is a real bummer when two coordinating pages have to be separated. A valuable lesson to learn is that mistakes can be fixed very creatively!
I felt that I finished kinda messy and weak.. :(( I do think I will have another look at these two as I head into this next month.
But I have been doing better in August. The left is the last few days of July and I started right in with August 1st. The pocket is deli paper! But I should try to get some more brown on this page as...
I want to do more sewn pockets and that takes a bit more planning. The next lesson for the Altered books was zippers and I'm resisting as they aren't turning my crank. But doors and windows is going to be good. I have one or two already in my Leaves book and the lesson has some more cool ideas.
I'm still juggling all my various projects. The barn/workroom is very physical so I do that on alternate days. I'm still tweaking my mixed media drawers so they are handy. The pegboard needs painting and the melamine needs cutting and legs figured out so I can get sewing. I do feel we are making progress and the to-do list is getting tattered as it goes in and out of the pocket for checking and crossing off. Four more pavers for the walk and then the fence posts.