Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WOW Still Sweating Storybags



What's on my work table???


The good news is I have a fully functioning work table for the messy stuff.  The peg board was a brilliant idea and I'm still arranging it for optimum use.  It is wonderful to empty messy drawers and get things up where I can easily grab things.



Now the drier side has the sweaty stuff!  All the fabric is cut for the story bags and  the sides stitched where the drawstring openings are.  The board leaning against the bookcase will be put behind the sewing machine as soon as the Rooster fine tunes the leg set up.


I have 25 story bags to complete.  They are approximately two feet square and are for a kids summer program so that explains the rush for the 'ya done good' presents.



I'm using the edge foot for the folded edge that the drawstring goes through.  That works slick and much faster than gnashing my teeth as I wobble along the edge.  It is pedal to the metal and Nina luvs it!



Then down the side and across the bottom. I did finish the beginning seams around the drawstring opening so it looks nice.  I know!  Hindsight makes me wonder why I couldn't have just sewn the casing last and left the ends open but I just followed the bag they gave me.


I wonder if Mod Podge would finish the ends of the cord?  I do have some help.  The kids and their parents are living in a camper as their house is being remodeled.  Their mum fried her sciatic nerve birthing their sister and things are 'interesting' just now so I have the grand kiddies.

Jenn comes today and we'll use her day care training to make some 'art' with the grand kiddies.  If we have any spare time we'll thread the cording through the casings.


In the mean time I have help!  I am delighted that she is sew interested.


Then her brother came to see what we girls were up to.   He is probably liking all the shiny moving parts best!  He says things like why and how,and what for!  I got no time for twenty questions.  sheesh!


I need to quit working the help sew hard.  OYE!  The wrinkles!

I am linking to the Canuck version of "what's on your worktable Wednesday."  I wonder if anyone else has as much help as I do.  LOL

And I call that the end of the story and their bags!


11 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Those bags are huge!! They are a great colour too and will suit both boys and girls. I hope your paying your helpers because they look like they are doing a good job:)

I really like your setup near your sewing machine...lots of spread out room.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Aren't peg boards great? I love mine. Way to go on those bags, Ellen. Congrats on working your workers until they dropped like that. I wish I could do that with mine. LOL. Mod Podge might work. I just use a lighter on mine (that only works if it's polyester though). Good luck!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

LOL....you are having too much fun there Elle!!

greelyrita said...

excellent!!

Susan J Barker said...

Looks like an interesting combination of 'workers' you have. Makes me realize how lucky I am when the only one to enter my work area is a cat! no grandkids - not sure if thats good or bad tho...

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Love your organized workspace! And who doesn't love having help?? Especially when they are so cute!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

how many bags? Sheesh is right! Love the sleeper table, tho! Take it easy girl... hope all is going well. XO

What Comes Next? said...

that is some of the best looking help I've seen in a long time!

Createology said...

Sew adorable little helpers. Those bags are huge! I hope nothing more than a pillow and one book are in them or they will be very heavy for kids. Your room is functioning very well and the pegboard is brilliant. I always like to have my things where I can see and access them for ease of use. Flexibility seems like the key to your days dear...

Unknown said...

Your art studio is growing, growing, GROWING!!

Regina said...

Your adorable grandies seem to be much calmer than my kids were, I hid all my stuff since mine were forever climbing....good luck to mom's sciatic nerve!