Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Intentional Blogging 5 Content




Remembering my own voice and to whom I'm writing is a great start for a blog post.  To keep the focus involves some planning about the contents, the innards, the heart of the message.

1) A catchy title is a great starting point.  It gets the key into the lock.

2) Once the lid is lifted, the first few sentences will reveal whether it is worth lifting that tissue paper or old scarf off the contents of the old trunk

3)  Trunks often have an assortment of articles but I'm thinking of a jewelry box, so I want to examine the two to three most interesting pieces.  Are they connected, clearly examined in the light that now shines into the chest?  What happens to them?

4)  Closing up the lid is the hardest part as far as I'm concerned.  What was the best ornament? What will we do with it and is the box worth revisiting?   What does one do with the key and the contents???


2 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

These are tough questions and the reason it is, sometimes, so difficult to face writing another blog! Yep, the first line and the last are the most difficult.

Createology said...

Elle thank you for sharing your most interesting class info with us. This is truly worth thinking about. I like to begin with my photo selections, then my title and at last I just begin my content. I write what I feel or experience. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Terrific Tuesday to you dear...