Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beautiful Birthday Beads


Seems I need to keep better track of our beading helper!  Yes, this is me explaining things to our young beader.  She wanted to make a bracelet for her mum's birthday.


She had laid out an arrangement last week which she tweaked a bit.  Then she strung them.  A slight glitch as 3 of the beads have been positioned wrongly as the hole does not run as placed.  We had to decrease the size so one was removed but she liked the placement as it was.  Beauty is in the eye of the beader!  :)  She is actually getting quite handy with the chain nose pliers as she places the finishing toggle on the bracelet.


We found a nice box that we made our own and she is quite happy with her present.  Another bead dazzling beading day!

7 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I think her mum will be very happy with that:)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Color me bead-dazzled!

Jen Crossley said...

How beautiful is this bracelet her mum will really love it,I know mine would of.
Elle How can I thank you for your beautiful words on my blog and Seths it really touched my heart.I hope this is the start of a friendship between us on our blogs
Jen xx

HollyM said...

Isn't it nice that you can do something together? And what a sweet gift!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

: ) I nominated you for Versatile Blogger award. You can read about it in my post - I blogged about you. : )
~Monika

Createology said...

Making her mum a beaded bracelet with your guidance is such a loving thing to do. The bracelet is beautiful. You two are quite the beading team. Happy beading...

Katie said...

I've never done any beading, so I didn't know about the ingenious little contraption to lay your pattern out on. I'm sure it's a very basic piece of equipment in any beaders arsenal, but I'm wowed!!! ;-)