Friday, March 2, 2012

If it looks like a lamb...


 white, soft, kinda billowy, it may indeed be a lamb.  But if it starts to roar...


and it is March,  it very well could be a lion.

We are having weather.   It isn't a full fledged storm yet but it is a whiteout and very slippery.  I had to go out and I'm glad it was brief.  I am home but my car isn't.  It was a bit hair raising making the return trip.  The turn at the end of the driveway is obscure; everything is white.  I know there is a sharp drop-off and deep ditch on each side of the narrow access.  But I sighed too soon after the perilous crossing and the car did not respond to the steering wheel for the 90 degree turn that immediately follows.  I am slightly stuck.  I say slightly stuck because the front wheel is down and I am sure the Rooster would have crowed a bit and ...  Well, actually the Rooster wouldn't have found himself is such a predicament. lol  Anyway, I know when to cease spinning my wheels. He and my youngest chick can bring it on into the yard when they finish work.


But I am stuck.  And quite disgusted about it actually.  I had such a rush to get ready for my weekend away.  I did not anticipate getting everything accomplished, but I did.  This proves I can do it.  But on returning I felt again I had so much to do, errands/appointments on every single day interfered; but I didn't have that deadline so now I'm stuck.  Immobilized.

I had time to think as I walked down the driveway and back to an already late start on my day.  Maybe I should just throw a load of laundry in,  grab a good book and try again next week!



Many blogs have Friday Finishes.  I think I'd be happy with one finished thing.  So of all the things I have started and left undone, what could I finish on this Friday???  Besides a book, I mean!

5 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

That weather you're having looks very bad. Here I'm moaning about a few flecks of snow. I cannot advise you on what to finish because I have so many myself. I did make a list too but I've misplaced it somewhere on my desk. My hubby said to me yesterday that I should just pick one thing and do it...har har.

HollyM said...

I'm glad it is just your car the is stuck and nothing more serious.
We're supposed to get another 20 cm tomorrow. It always happens this time of year here.

Createology said...

Oh Elle I am so thankful it wasn't any worse. I remember when that detour was being put in and you said it was too narrow and all wrong. Your rooster will fix the car. Your Friday is finished and you are safe. Not to worry about whatever didn't get finished. I had a wild ride today in my truck...no weight in the back and I had a sharp turn through ice and snow and danced sideways back and forth for quite the E ticket ride. I hate it but tried to just stay with the wheel and luckily made it up my driveway and put the truck in the garage. You and me...brave road warriors! Stay safe and warm dear...

Twisted Quilts said...

It is so frustrating to get stuck, in the driveway and otherwise. I have no helpful hints on how to get unstuck. I have not accomplished anything the last two days. I feel like a slug!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So, is this the calm before the storm? I sincerely hope not. And I suspect that 90 degree turn will continue to be a problem until someone does something about changing it.

Sorry that the princess pre-painted a wall, but it was a fun post to read, regardless. Glad you had a good time and the grandies kept you active with little sleep. Maybe that is something you could do today (grin).