Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Key to my...



Keys are intriguing.  This is for the hallway and I need to find a good hook to hang these heavy Home Sense keys.


Our beading student does not wear earrings so I thought a key chain might employ some of the earring techniques.  When I saw the key ring the grand kiddie's aunt made I thought this could be a lot of fun.


I already have some 'good stuff' we could incorporate


Then we rolled up some polymer clay, baked it and then put some modge podge on them. I think I'd find something better than that as it is messy.



The flower making was kinda fiddly but FUN!  We fixed the flower on with E6000 adhesive.  I guess we'll see how fragile the petals are! :O



I do think we found a key to success with this project.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I love old keys, even regular ones. I always wonder what they were for. A mansion maybe, or a fancy car? Maybe just an old shed?

My daughter does a lot of beading, but we've never tried making our own beads. Sounds like a good project for this week of spring break!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Where did you get those beads? Michaels? I'm still looking for beads for mini doll joints. I have some Fimo so I think I'll just make some.

Love those keys that you are putting in the hallway:)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Quite impressive. I would NOT wear earrings either, so this project would be a lot of fun for me, too. Of course, I have never heard of using mod podge with polymer clay, but I don't feel the need to seal mine.

Happy Spring. I hope your weather has gotten better. I'd been wearing shorts and sleeveless tops for over a week until yesterday when the weather turned cold, incredibly windy, and rainy. The temps dropped at least 20 degrees F, which shot me back into my winter clothes. The rain is expected for at least three more days. Looks like we are getting YOUR kind of weather, now. Instead of March, SPRING came in like a lion!!

Createology said...

Your keyrings look like a Fiesta in the happening. Bright and cheery and fun. No need to lose the keys on these keyrings. Well done dear...

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

You've been pretty busy,! It must be pretty hectic with all that company and spring arriving all at once, the polymer clay looks like fun too