Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thrilled with Thursday

Nina was happy to be sewing again.  I got through all the patterns with just using the default settings.
(I skipped the button holes)  :)



I got very tired of stopping to cut strips of fabric and stabilizer sew I just went ahead and cut all the black up and made white strips and stabilizer strips to match.  Why am I even surprised that now I have more than enough???  lol  But I will be using them as I explore my other settings.

34 blocks!  That should be 17 sets.  I may need a bigger box to hold all this!



I forgot to stop so I have one long set with the fonts on them.  The oriental writing needs to have connecting threads cut but I'm leaving them as reminder that sometimes this happens.



The water container seemed to have a lot of the gel medium in it after I did the AB stuff.  I'd left the lid loose and it had dried out quite a bit so I was using a lot of water and evidently transferred a fair amount of the medium to the water.  I am not a particularly thrifty person but these supplies tend to add up dollar wise.  So I decided to try to use the thick water and see if it would act as a glue.


It did work on the thinner papers.  This is a waxed paper bag.


 These are bits of scrap book paper that needed more of the actual gel medium.


 The heavier papers did not adhere at all.


Serviettes with the inner layer removed worked well.


This piece of paper doily seems to be holding.

It 's been a good day!

5 comments:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Yes... a very good day! A nice finish to your 'art week' hmmm? You should check out the "Yes and Amen" blog... she has some creative ideas on altered books/journals! (It's on my sidebar on theblog)

felicity said...

Wow - so much interesting stuff going on here, Elle! Nice!

Mary Ann Tate said...

A very productive day:)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I see you are already conducting your own adhesive study. I really enjoyed this and seeing what worked and what didn't work.

Createology said...

I love your finished projects and you with the checkered flag so proud. Your coat looks great with new buttons. As for your stitch patterns...amazing all the options Nina has for you to use. Your altered book is really coming along and how smart you are to have a theme of trees and leaves. I love the serviette on the book page!!! I must try that. Fabulous Finishing dear...