Friday, October 30, 2009

So???


It wasn't supposed to be a big deal. I knew where I wanted to go. A spring look that is fresh and modern. But...
For the Quilt Along I knew I wanted the peachy pink fabric with circles of rose, tourquoise, orange, green and purple. Using peachy pinks/oranges for the backgrounds and the contrast as a purple wasn't coming. I realized the main fabric has too much happening. So I went greens and tourquoise with the focal fabric as the accent and it was lovely but it dawned on me the quilt for the guest room is pretty much aqua/tourquoise. So I dug deeper and found some yellow/pink and dull greens. Now I was getting it. This works for our room. I had hit an Amy Butler sale this summer as I had wanted that look for my 50's guest room. It was a very good sale so I got several different pieces. The hall needs a wall hanging and there are some leftovers that will work.
I had repinned my WIP in a better spot for photos and discovered the new camera needs batteries. 8>[ So I'll post my colour options tomorrow and hope I can remember the combos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colour combos sound great - I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

Twisted Quilts said...

I haven't started my Quilt Along yet. Green and turquoise sounds very interesting, maybe throw in a little purple!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see it!! So glad to have you back from internet purgatory! :D