Thursday, September 16, 2010

Flying the Coop

Darn chilly today. I'm happy to be inside making warm currents of air as I prepare and gather things for a little road trip. I did go pick up my new rug at the catalogue delivery office and after the wrinkles settle out I'll reveal how perfect it is. When I first laid eyes on it I thought, ooh, too grey. But it is fine.

Another thrift store find a few weeks ago echoes the colours in the rug wonderfully. Someone brought in a whole lot of cookie jars. I got 4 of them. They ranged from $5 to $2.50. This is the biggest at $5


Medium


Smallest

Another medium. These are on the stairway wall. Not where the rug is but I'm sure they'll meet up at some point in my decorating inspirations. ;)

I'm going to be taking a little road trip to the east, visiting friends; making myself at home with them. Perhaps we'll be having cookies!

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love all that yellow (from the previous post). Even though I shy away from it in my own decorating, I love all your lovely pieces. Then, you showed the houses, and I swooned. What beautiful cookie jars. I fell in love!

You asked about making signatures. Yes, that is the way to make them, except I have stopped sewing them all the way down the middle until I do so as I'm adding them to the book. You could always sew the pages together, then attach them to the cover by hand using a simple pamphlet stitch. Have a safe and fun trip!

Createology said...

Very sweet new little houses for decorating. Happy and Safe Travels...

KatieQ said...

I love the cookie jars. Years ago my late mother-in-law gave me a teapot, creamer and sugar bowl that look like thatched cottages. They would be good companions for your cookie jar collection.