Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Shower (curtains)

My only bathroom has to look good, at least that is what I try to drum into my farmer's head. I have given up on light towels but this is the look that I want. This shower curtain is really old but I've found a great creative solution for seasonal stash busting that helped me let this old curtain retire.


But I have discovered the wonderful fun of making serged shower curtains using simple blocks.

The first one I made I used a zig zag stitch to stop ravelling but a serger on simple blocks is the way to go.



This spring shower curtain uses many fabrics in a stack, slash, switch and serge method. I luv the surprises and the opportunity to arrange all the blocks every which way. I add a folded strip at the top on the inside and I made button holes. Then I bind with a double fold binding simply because I like the look and the bit of extra weight helps the curtain hang nicely. A hem all the way around would work well also.


Now the rooster and his ol' biddy are ready for April Showers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful collection of shower curtains. So refreshing we fell after bath with this kind of curtains.
dean graziosi