Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The best of times/the worst of times

It was one of those days!

I couldn't let the state of the basement remain chaotic any longer.  I had  managed to clear a path through the basement to the laundry area.  I was making piles of keep, don't keep, eliminate and recycle.  I had already washed son #3's wallet.  The various aspects of it had been hung to dry.   8{  I was down investigating the depths of the grey water barrel when my young beader cheerfully announced her arrival a few feet behind me.  :o  It is perhaps good that I already have no colour left in my hair!  It is also good to accelerate the heart every once in a while.  That now done we proceeded to have tea and discuss our beading options.


This charm bracelet has us a bit intimidated! 


So we glazed the polymer clay for this pendant necklace.


My good friend Sherry, who blogs over at Createology has sent us amateur beaders a new book and Jenn happily turned pages and added even more to our wish list.  Some of this stuff looks good enough to eat!  ;^)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Is that a little shoe charm? My gosh that's cute!

Createology said...

Let the beading continue...I am hoping the book will be some inspiration for future projects. Did you also like the colors of the beads I included? Those charms can be tricky for beginning beadingbut with lots of practice you can master the loops. Keep beading girls...

Margaret Applin said...

The charm bracelet looks ADORABLE!!! Did you not make it afterall? Love those polymer clay beads!!!

Emelie said...

So much to see, I haven't been here for a while, I can see where your htinking not enough time with all that you create.
The sheep, could anything be more calming then seeing sheep.

SandeeNC said...

I think the charm bracelet is off to a wonderful start, it looks beautiful. I think it's awesome that y'all craft together. i had to smile at the thought of it being good to acelerate the heart from time to time, maybe you think of adding some bells to her bracelet to announce her arrival! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :) as #132

Margaret said...

What fun you're having in 'da coop'! Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. The blocks for my Centennial quilt are 12" finished, and there'll be 12 of 'em...not a patch on what your community is doing, though. Hope you'll post photos!