Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Nevertheless



I came to terms with the early spring and today I find that winter is back!  These girls are patiently awaiting the arrival of their offspring.  The front runner is in the barn reconciling the loss of one triplet, encouraging the second and trying to keep track of the third.  The next two are arguing over whose lamb is whose.  A young expectant mother is all excited and annoying everyone because the lamb she is looking for hasn't been birthed yet.  Sheep!!!


Beading class was also not without its no no's but the bracelet was completed to Jenn's satisfaction.  We also learned that the 'string' in the bead kit was the elastic we had needed.  vbsigh!  This bracelet can certainly be improved upon but it is my favourite to date. 


We then had a look at the next project and while it looks a bit complicated we will be proceeding one bead at a time, or should I say, jump ring!  The original bracelet was a thrift shop find.  We removed 3 charms and kept the shoe.  We'll be adding our own selections.  Jenn is a pink and purple gal.


The new art counter is working wonderfully. I may need to actually give up some more form to have function at optimum levels.  This is very different for me and really says something because I like things to look nice.  But I so want to just make 'nice' and I'm not caring so much about pretty surroundings! 


I read a quote somewhere and then had it confirmed by a short video last night that the talent to make great works is there.  But the ability to actually make it falls short and we know it is, well, awful.  I was there.  What I did was not what I envisioned.  I was discouraged.  Thank goodness I didn't quit.  Because it happens to everyone.  What is necessary is to stick, and stay; swallow the salt and then savour the sweet taste of a small success that signals the end of the beginning and the beginning of a whole new exciting journey.  Last week I had that Aha! moment.  Things 'cu licked'.  While I'm still learning, things aren't quite so awful.  I knew I had arrived when my Rooster commented on my new artistic addiction.  :)  I've been noticed.  LOL  I showed him my balance page and asked what he thought.  He took a moment to think.  He said, yes!  VBSigh  Because if he got it, I got it! 

5 comments:

Leanne said...

I have been catching up on your posts. Our snow from last week is almost all melted, I wonder if we have more on the way. Your sheep are lovely and I am glad you will keep learning as your talent clearly shows. But we still have to learn the steps and the mechanics, and they take some practice too.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Love your sheep but not the snow...oh dear:( It's been very cold here and extremely windy.

Your book is looking wonderful...I really like both the pages in the picture. Very pleasing to the eye but for me it also has a lot to do with the colours you have used too.

I can relate to what you say. I myself can envision mighty things but the ability isn't there yet...it is unformed and needs to be educated by trial and error. Lots of trial...lots of error :)

Lori E said...

Lots of creative juices flowing here. Well done. Beading is one of the few crafts I haven't done but I love the look.
Just a little sheep humor for you...

Question- What's the definition of "lambshank"?

Answer- Sean Connery's sheep has drowned...
Get it? Get it? LOL.

SandeeNC said...

I love your page, it's beautiful, and the bracelets turned out fantasitc! I had a good chuckle on the young momma sheep driving everyone crazy looking for her babies that haven't been birthed yet, that's so cute! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Createology said...

How sad to see the sheep in the snow and worried about the babies.
However I know you and the rooster are taking good care of all. I like the pink beaded bracelet. Charms are fun but take lots of time to assemble. Your journal art is very refreshing. Put your inner critic on permanent vacation I say. Glad to see you are making time to be creative. Hugs...