It looked like a warmer day and I planned to head into the barn to see about reclaiming my corner for a workroom. These lambs are already a couple of weeks old.
I seriously underestimated my math skills and spent most of yesterday with the pencil behind my ear and my fingers on the cutter and in the arranger mode. I wish I'd not added so much of the aqua. I've now learned that I am a low contrast type of gal but then this isn't for me so it is okay. I think this plan will work out best. Now to keep the pieces in place til I can get them sewn.
This calendar page is kinda small but it has been a good thing. They are fast and help keep me in the creative mode and my mind fixed on The Plan.
I have the grand kiddies for the weekend and they can chase lambs while I chase ideas and throw stuff around in the barn. This lamb is ready to go outside with its mother and mix with the rest of the new lambs .
I got the initial sweeping done. The 2 stainless counters are for the Rooster's summer kitchen which will be on the other side of the aisle. Under the tarp at mid left is an industrial sewing machine which was given to me. This was a hog barn with cement floors and cement up part of the wall. The windows were covered over. The cement partitions were removed a number of years ago and this barn was mostly for storage with lambing in the back half. I will be opening up the old windows to let light in. The white on the far wall was a puzzler until I remembered last falls paint projects and the spray chamber. :) I think I'll be spraying my new work room a grey white so it is good to have the peek preview. The room will be 13 feet wide and I'm going to ask for 26 feet of length. I'm hoping this won't set the Rooster to crowing! LOL