Friday, April 20, 2012

A good week



 It looked like a warmer day and I planned to head into the barn to see about reclaiming my corner for a workroom.  These lambs are already a couple of weeks old. 


I seriously underestimated my math skills and spent most of yesterday with the pencil behind my ear and my fingers on the cutter and in the arranger mode.  I wish I'd not added so much of the aqua.  I've now learned that I am a low contrast type of gal but then this isn't for me so it is okay.  I think this plan will work out best.  Now to keep the pieces in place til I can get them sewn.


This calendar page is kinda small but it has been a good thing.  They are fast and help keep me in the creative mode and my mind fixed on The Plan.


I have the grand kiddies for the weekend and they can chase lambs while I chase ideas and throw stuff around in the barn.  This lamb is ready to go outside with its mother and mix with the rest of the new lambs .


I got the initial sweeping done.  The 2 stainless counters are for the Rooster's summer kitchen which will be on the other side of the aisle.  Under the tarp at mid left is an industrial sewing machine which was given to me.  This was a hog barn with cement floors and cement up part of the wall. The windows were covered over. The cement partitions were removed a number of years ago and this barn was mostly for storage with lambing in the back half.  I will be opening up the old windows to let light in.  The white on the far wall was a puzzler until  I remembered last falls paint projects and the spray chamber. :)  I think I'll be spraying my new work room a grey white so it is good to have the peek preview.  The room will be 13 feet wide and I'm going to ask for 26 feet of length.  I'm hoping this won't set the Rooster to crowing!  LOL

5 comments:

Createology said...

Your new space will be wonderful. How fun to share a space with your Rooster. A summer kitchen sounds really interesting. I like a grey white for the walls and opening up the windows. Your grandlittles are so adorable and those little lambs are just their size. Happy planning...

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Love the lambs. Wish I had me some and those cute little kids to take pics of! Tell the Rooster what songs you'll be crooning when the space is 'just right' for the sewing maiden? It's good to be looking at the possibilities, eh?!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh Elle! that first photo... I have to tell you what a wonderful thing to have if you sketched it with the sewing machine! What a sweet little candid shot. ! It would look lovely in thread!! Do it ! Please do it! (Or I will....) lol

Mary Ann Tate said...

Look at all those sweet little lambs and your sweet little grandchildren:) That new workroom looks like a really great place to create.

Judy said...

I love seeing lambs! So much wool to come :-) Your new work space will be great.